This is a very simple and quick dessert which you can put together with ingredients you find in your cabinet!
I made this last weekend, when my mum threw her birthday party and it was a hit! ^^
Let's get to them right away:
this will serve 6 people
- 6 large apples
- 400 gr sifted flour
- 250 gr butter (room temperature)
- 250 gr of brown sugar (if you don't have this, you can also use white sugar, but brown is just better for the crumble)
- 100 gr of white sugar, you can also use cane sugar.
- cinnamon (if liked)
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut them into little chunks
- Pour the 100 gr of white/cane sugar onto your apples and mingle them. Here you can add cinnamon, I don't like it so I didn't.
- Preheat your oven at 180° C
- This is an optional step: put your apples into a pot and heat them, stir occasionally so it won't burn. Get them off the heat when they are a bit mashy but still chunky... (XD I hope you understand this?), remove all excess juice you got by heating it.
- Put your apples in a baking tray
- Mix (with your hands or a spoon) the 400 gr of flour with the 250 gr of butter and brown sugar.
- Crumble the dough over the apples, make sure the apples are completely covered with crumbles.
- Put the baking tray with your apple crumble for 25-30 min in the oven, if the top looks goldy brown, it's done!
You can eat it warm with icecream (yumyum!) or cold.
If you don't like apples that much, you can trade them for strawberries, (blue)berries, ...
In contribution to the optional step, you can also first put your apples (without crumbles on top) in the oven for 15 min, drain all the juice that got free due to heating and add your crumbles on top, than put them in the oven again for 15 min or longer if needed.
Onto the pics!
This is just before putting it in the oven
We had 13 gasts that day so I had to make sure everyone would get there apple crumble hot,
so this was the inside of my oven
Fresh from the oven, with and without flash
The end result! It's one of the best desserts I have ever eaten... ^^ (and not because I made it myself...)
Let me know if you ever try it (you should 'cause it's yummy!)